i am using vb dot net 2003.

I want to store randomly generated numbers in an array. The Numbers are declared as integers. The amount of numbers generated will not be constants so i can not initialize the array before hand. However the numbers generated will be from 1 to 5000.

After the randomly generated numbers are generated i will ask the user to input a "number" , then i will check using a loop if the number stored in the above mentioned array (the one which holds the randomly generated numbers) matches the value input. i know i have to use a loop. But do notknow how this would be done.
i can not figure out how to do this please help. thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Look my friend I don't know how you don't know the size of array and you said you will generate some number, so tell me when you'll stop generating numbers? Any way I know you question is away from this.
Your question answer is

For index As Integer = 1 To YourArray.Length
'Your search algorithm resides here
Next

It'd work whatever you know the size or not and if you changed its size at runtime.
Hope I got more from you :) best of luck

Look my friend I don't know how you don't know the size of array and you said you will generate some number, so tell me when you'll stop generating numbers? Any way I know you question is away from this.
Your question answer is

For index As Integer = 1 To YourArray.Length
'Your search algorithm resides here
Next

It'd work whatever you know the size or not and if you changed its size at runtime.
Hope I got more from you :) best of luck

but how would i store the generated numbers in an array. lets say number is stored in variable called numbers and is declared as an integer. how would i get it to store randomly generated numbers into array as they are generated.

please help thanks.

OK, show me to where you reached, post some code to know how can I do the next step.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.