what does everyone else use? Another question i have is if there are any significant advantages of VC over Dev? I was figuring out if i should make the switch or not.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I use Visual Studio. It has about the coolest debugger you can get.

I use Visual Studio. It has about the coolest debugger you can get.

I agree, VS has the greatest debugger. The UI is not bad also, also alot of customization to your liking.

I use VS2005, and I prefer it out of all the compilers that I've use in the past.

I switched from Dev-C++ to Code::Blocks. No difference in compiler (I use MinGW), but I like the GUI a lot more than Dev's.

I switched from Dev-C++ to Code::Blocks. No difference in compiler (I use MinGW), but I like the GUI a lot more than Dev's.

This...

Visual 08 Pro. I like the interface of it, and definitly the debugger. The Pro edition is raw overkill for a beginner like me but hey, MS give it for free to students!

Used Dev previously, and would never go back to it again now when I have found out how to compile correctly in Visual :P

This...

What do you mean?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.