Please forgive what is surely a stupid question:

How do I use .Net Reflector to find out which namespace a class, method or property is in, or to see parameter lists? There's no way to enter a character string to tell it what you're looking for.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

For example you need to enter "string" and it tells you the developer used this class or not.

attention, RamyMahrous: I'm sorry, I don't understand your comment at all. Are you saying it would be nice to be able to enter the name of a class, etc. to see if some other developer had used that class (or whatever) in a given project?

If you open the exe/DLL it should be able to show you the classes and so on within.. It always seemed very straight forward. What exactly are you struggling with?

If you open the exe/DLL it should be able to show you the classes and so on within.. It always seemed very straight forward. What exactly are you struggling with?

You don't say HOW to open the exe/DLL, and there is no meaningful Help within .Net Reflector to tell one this, or anything else for that matter. I'm sorry if I've annoyed you by not knowing something you already know, but isn't the purpose of this forum to learn such things? Anyway, never mind; someone else has since told me this can be done by hitting F3.

Um with the menu :P

File -> open

Bob - your response could have been, can you tell me how to open exe/DLL ?
Just because someone assumes you know doesn't mean they are trying to be a jerk.

I'm glad you found it, if you have other problems let us know - and mark you post solved so others know as well. (you will find that many of the people here speak over the 'simple' level because they have been doing it for a long time, if you break it down to a smaller level they are more than willing to help as long as your not asking them to code your work for you)

Bob just spend 3 minutes discovering you'll learn more and more yourself, it's not that hard, if you didn't get what you need, drop a reply here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.