hello guys,
am a newbie here.. and i just want to ask for some help..
if any1 knows more on visual basic and how can i interface it with some hardwares (e.g. 7seg, LED, fan, Buzzer) some stuffs like that.
Can you help me understand how can i make a program for a buzzer or fan?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

hi atsirk, controlling ports in vb is not so easy, you need to create your own dll or activex control to do this.. or you can make use of MSCOMM control to manipulate the ports..

check out this site for more info..
http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1347924&page=1

thanks!
the DLL that we used on LED and 7segment applications were inpout.dll . can we use the same dll or not?

if you know how to use the dll, try it out send some data to the port and check whether you'll have a signal or not..

but for buzzer or fan you might need to build a circuit..to amplify the signal coming out from your pc..

i don't think that the signal coming out from your pc will be enough to control your device... sorry that's beyond the topic from here.. this forum is just for VB.. hehehe.. ;)

if you know how to use the dll, try it out send some data to the port and check whether you'll have a signal or not..

but for buzzer or fan you might need to build a circuit..to amplify the signal coming out from your pc..

i don't think that the signal coming out from your pc will be enough to control your device... sorry that's beyond the topic from here.. this forum is just for VB.. hehehe.. ;)

the inpout DLL that we used is working for 7segment and LED applications only. i dont now if its applicable to other hardware interfacing device..

as long as you can send command to the port you can use it,

that's whyI told you, you need know how the dll works..

for example you give a command to your dll to give a number 1 display output on your segment so two LED's will be enable,

so if you use this to activate a buzzer or fan you don't need to enable two signal..but you can just send one (high) signal to your port and use this signal to activate your device..

so you need to know how the dll works and your hardware configuration also...

just be carefull, if you're not familiar with this thing, just forget it you might toast your pc..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.