i have to do this, and my lecturer is such an ass asking us to learn it by ourselves. i have tried a code but it not working the way it is suppose to be.

(Airline Reservation System) A small airline has just purchased a computer for its new automated reservations system. You are asked to program the new system. You are to write a program to assign seats on each flight of the airline’s only plane (capacity:100 seats).
Your program should display the following menu of alternatives:

Please type 1 for “business class”
Please type 2 for “first class”
Please type 3 for “economy class”

If the person types 1, then your program should assign a seat in the business class (seats 1-20). If the person types 2, then your program should assign a seat in the first class (seats 21-50). If the person types 3, then your program should assign a seat in the economy class (seats 51-100). Your program should print a boarding pass indicating the person’s seat number and whether it is in the business or first class or economy section of the plane.
Use a single-subscripted array to represent the seating chart of the plane. Initialize all the elements of the array to 0 to indicate that the seats are empty. As each seat is assigned, set the corresponding elements of the array to 1 to indicate that the seat is no longer available.
Your program should, of course, never assign a seat that has been already assigned. When the first class/business class section is full, your program should ask the person if it is acceptable to be placed in the economy section (and vice versa). If yes, then make the appropriate seat assignment. If no, then print a message indicating the schedule of the next flight.
Your program must be very interactive and try to include as many options as possible. Try also to include your own ideas in the program which can improve the quality of its output.

#include<iostream>
using namespace std;

int main()
{
         int n=1;
		 int m=21;
         int x=1;
		 int y=2;
		 int response;
                cout<<"Welcome to Our Automated Reservations System\n\nPlease type 1 for Business class\nPlease type 2 for First class\nPlease type 3 for Economy class"<<endl;
           while(n >= n){
           cin>>response;
           if(response > 3)
           continue;

if(response == 1)
		   cout<<"\nYour Seat number is "<<n<<" on our Business Class\n\nThank you for flying with us.\n\nPlease type 1 for Business class\nPlease type 2 for First class\nPlease type 3 for Economy class\n"<<endl;

{
           n++;
           } 
		   if(n >= 21) 
		   {
				cout<<"Sorry Our Business Class is Fully booked\n"<<endl; 
				break;
           } 
		   else if(response == 2)
		   cout<<"Your Seat number is "<<m<<" on our First Class\n\nThank you for flying with us.\n\nPlease type 1 for Business class\nPlease type 2 for First class\nPlease type 3 for Economy class"<<endl;
		   {
           m++;
           } 
		   if(m >= 51) 
		   {
				cout<<"Sorry Our First Class is Fully booked\n"<<endl; 
				break;
           }   

}

return 0;
}

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for jencas

Where is your seats[100] array? What if a passenger whishes a special seat?

Where is your seats[100] array? What if a passenger whishes a special seat?

i cant even clear the first section of the question, i havent started on the array.

Okay, examine the first loop statement:

while(n >= n)

is an obvious first problem...a variable is *always* going to be equal to itself under any competent compiler.

Thanx...
Sean

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.