Hi,

I have a VB6 program that uses several ADO Recordsets to connect to an Access database.

In one part of my program I have code for adding a new meeting (uses the meetingRst recordset).

When the new meeting is added I requery the meetingRst and populate a ListBox detailing all meetings. I then want the program to write an invitation letter in Word (details of this letter are then stored in another recordset - letterRst).

My code that writes and saves the letter requires the meetingRst to be at the appropriate record, how do I navigate to the record just added? (When the recordset is requeried it is ordered by MeetingDate DESC).

Can anyone offer any recordset navigation tips?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

there is no such thing like most recent record in database.

there is no way findout the most recent record.

you need to pass some value to fetch the record.

Hi,

I have a VB6 program that uses several ADO Recordsets to connect to an Access database.

In one part of my program I have code for adding a new meeting (uses the meetingRst recordset).

When the new meeting is added I requery the meetingRst and populate a ListBox detailing all meetings. I then want the program to write an invitation letter in Word (details of this letter are then stored in another recordset - letterRst).

My code that writes and saves the letter requires the meetingRst to be at the appropriate record, how do I navigate to the record just added? (When the recordset is requeried it is ordered by MeetingDate DESC).

Can anyone offer any recordset navigation tips?

try to Requery the recordset and navigate to the first record....recently updated data should be the first record... i think so..heheh... anyway just try this.... let me know if it works..

rs.Requery 'change rs to your recordset object name
rs.MoveFirst
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.