I'm working on a messenger. Scenario is this: a thread is running at background as soon as it gets a message from server. It has to show this in a new form. But when i try to show the form, form just hangs and nothing happens on form.

Code is like this where i'm calling form

'Some Thread waiting for message
' Got message
Dim frm as new Form1()
frm.show()

Form just hangs like freeze and than just make me mad. Form1 is just a normal form. I know i've to use delegates for cross threading and invoke or begininvoke methods. But i'm unable to implement them. Please some expert help me. My project is stuck..........

Thanks in Advance

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Search on Google "Implementing threads" you'll find a lot of articles, it's very hard to write a new one here, but I prefer you to search.

I think you do not bother to read my Question actually. I didn't ask about how threads work. Otherwise Google would be enough to me. My Question is that how to invoke a Window Form from a behind thread.

The same my friend :) I don't underestimate your question I just give you quick way.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.