Hi,
I have the following problem

http://www.ahmedosama.com/buildlog.htm

it's strange cause it's in the built in "include" files of the VC++ (2003), can u please help me out.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Now that's an impressive list of errors! Since there is no code to look at, my guess would be a missing semicolon. For example, the following will make a similar mess.

int x
#include <stdio.h>

ok, thanks for replying, but could u please tell me what i did wrong here ...

typedef struct ip_option_information {
    u_char Ttl;		/* Time To Live (used for traceroute) */
    u_char Tos; 	/* Type Of Service (usually 0) */
    u_char Flags; 	/* IP header flags (usually 0) */
    u_char OptionsSize; /* Size of options data (usually 0, max 40) */
    u_char FAR *OptionsData;   /* Options data buffer */
} IPINFO, *PIPINFO, FAR *LPIPINFO;

and here's the code ;) (WinAce SFX don't worry):
http://www.ahmedosama.com/eMule0.44d-ionix-3.61-uni-src.exe

Do you define, or #include a header to define, u_char or FAR?

i got it finally, thanks to all, i discovered that the developer commented and removed some parts intentionally to prevent us from compiling it, but i added what he removed and uncommented what was, anyway, this is against the GPL and i'll report it soon, thanks again.

this is against the GPL and i'll report it soon

How is it against the GPL? Sounds like he was just trying to use the software as an example. He gave you his modified source, but you just didn't understand it until now ;)

How is it against the GPL? Sounds like he was just trying to use the software as an example. He gave you his modified source, but you just didn't understand it until now ;)

no i don't think so, he said that all who took the source compiled it, and no one i know compiled it, and y is he commenting important parts, this is not normal!

>he said that all who took the source compiled it
But did he say how many successfully compiled it? :cheesy:

>and y is he commenting important parts, this is not normal!
I wonder if you know what's normal and what's not to begin with. There are quite a few good reasons, but I get the feeling it was to thwart bumbling idiots.

ok, got it, i needed to comment 2 structs in IPExport.h in the system! thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.