I have to make a database in oracle and connect it with Java. But I'm not able to do so.
Please help.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I have to make a database in oracle and connect it with Java. But I'm not able to do so.
Please help.

I want to make a space ship and fly back to my home on Mars, please help me too.

@coolbuddy059 please provide your current code so we may have look at it and correct it if there is any issue

PS:In the future please provide more info, if you wish to avoid general suggestions such as one by stephen. Secondly we have rule that says "We only give homework help to those who show effort"

sorry stephen84s for unclearity in my question,
But the problem is I've crated the database using Oracle8i.But now I don't know what to do next.

My code is:-

import java.sql.*;

import java.io.*;

public class dbcon{

public static void main(String[] args) {

Connection connection = null;

try {

// Load the JDBC driver

String driverName = "oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver";

Class.forName(driverName);

// Create a connection to the database

//String serverName = "127.0.0.1";

//String portNumber = "1521";

//String sid = "oracle";

String url = "jdbc:oracle:thin:@//local.server:1521/oracle";

String username = "scott";

String password = "tiger";

connection = DriverManager.getConnection(url, username, password);

System.out.println("***Connected to the database***");

} catch (ClassNotFoundException e) {

// Could not find the database driver

} catch (SQLException e) {

// Could not connect to the database

}

}

The compilation error whichI'm getting is:
The pointer has reached at the end of line while parsing} ->

As error message states you missing closing bracket "}" on the end of your code. If you check your code you will find that main() was closed, however you did not do same for the class

Peter has already mentioned the cause of your problem, now just wanted to add a few notable things like :-

1. You never closed your connection, Its important to close your database connection once you are done using it. Preferably put the call to close() inside a finally block, so that your database connection is closed irrespective of whether an SQLException was thrown during your query execution etc.
  2. In the catch block where you have caught your SQLException always print / log the SQL State by calling e.getSQLState(), by comparing the SQL State with your DBMS vendor data example here, you can map out exactly why your query failed.
commented: Well spotted +16
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.