Hey

I need some more help with my program for my mum's indoor childs play center program.

I have a database with information about the child, including date of birth in format 01/01/0001.

I want the user to be able to click a button say 'btnjanuary' and for a list box to be filled with all of the members that have a birthday in january.

Im a bit stumped on ideas for this one, any ideas? Thank you!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You didn't said which DB you're using and do you store birth dates in date type or in textual data type.

If the birth dates are stored as a text, you'll get matching records (January in this case) with following SQL select statement (just change correct table- and field-names):

SELECT * FROM <tablename> WHERE <birthdate> LIKE '%/01/%'

If the birth dates are stored in datetime type:

SELECT * FROM <tablename> WHERE (MONTH(<birthdate>) = 1)

This is for SQL Server 2005 but the same SQL syntax should work with most of the other DBs too.

Hey
I am using a .mdb access database file and the date is stored as date/time data type. I shall give the above code a try and see what happens thanks:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.