Hi all,

I have set CheckedListbox multicolumn property =true.
I wants to add two columns in checklistbox first one will contain Groupname and second column will contain descr .
How can i add items in these two columns ?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I answered a similar question about listbox control and I assume that checked listbox behaves in the same way.

Setting MultiColumn property doesn't actually provide you a control with desired number of columns. It still has a single list of items and while you add more items, it 'wraps' them to next column instead of showing vertical scrollbar.

If you want a two column control, use either some grid control or listview control. By setting listview control's View property to View.Details, you can use listview as a multicolumn 'grid'.

Thx for your reply :)

I answered a similar question about listbox control and I assume that checked listbox behaves in the same way.

Setting MultiColumn property doesn't actually provide you a control with desired number of columns. It still has a single list of items and while you add more items, it 'wraps' them to next column instead of showing vertical scrollbar.

If you want a two column control, use either some grid control or listview control. By setting listview control's View property to View.Details, you can use listview as a multicolumn 'grid'.

Hi! Nice to hear that you got answer to your problem, could you please mark the thread as solved. Thank you!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.