sir i am developing application in windows so i want that when i serach data that data then that data is dislpayed indatagridview when i am doing that thecvdata is displayed but there is one blank row created in gridview below that row:means that suppose in first row of gridview tge serach data is there and below that an emnpty row is created .so how i block to create an empty row
i do search in keydown event

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

If you don't want the blank row to be shown you have to set the 'enable adding' property in the designtime to be false.

if i set enable adding to false it gives error index out of range

At which point it generates that error? If the index is out of range you're trying to get a non existing row in the collection of rows......

Could you show some code?

Regards

con = New OleDbConnection(constr) adpt = New OleDbDataAdapter("select * from drs_entry_list where drsno='" + DrsnoToolStripTextBox.Text + "' order by srno", con)
ds = New DataSet
adpt.Fill(ds)
If ds.Tables(0).Rows.Count - 1 >= 0 Then
For j As Integer = 0 To ds.Table0).Rows.Count - 1
Dim org As String = ds.Tables(0).Rows(j).Item(4) DataGridView1.Rows(DataGridView1.Rows(j).Cells(0).rowindex).Cells(5).Value = org.ToString
Dim AWBNO As Integer = ds.Tables(0).Rows(j).Item(1)
DataGridView1.Rows(DataGridView1.Rows(j).Cells(1).RowIndex).Cells(1).Value = AWBNO.ToString

Next
End If
End If

in this when i search through drsno the in datagridview it gives error :Index was out of range : i need that row is fetched and below it no empty row is created and when i press enter in any cell of datagridview a bove row ios copied as second row in datagridview

First, it's better to organize your code and make it readable :)

con = New OleDbConnection(constr) 
adpt = New OleDbDataAdapter("select * from drs_entry_list where drsno='" + DrsnoToolStripTextBox.Text + "' order by srno", con)
ds = New DataSet
adpt.Fill(ds)

[b]Dim MyTable as DataTable = ds.Tables(0)[/b]

If MyTable.Rows.Count - 1 >= 0 Then

etc etc etc.

Second, if no records has been found, the code If MyTable .Rows.Count - 1 >= 0 will raise an error because "Rows.Count = 0" and it cannot be decreased -1

Check if Rows.Count > 0

thanku for thias it is working , next i want to set focus from one cell to another of datagridview on pressing enter in datagridview cell

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.