Hi boys. This has nothing to do with coding. I have written an excellent peace of simulator in C++,for which I am very happy, for my Masters project for my supervisor.
Does anyone of you know how to protect this, an aware like, for possible legal actions taken, in case someone improper uses this.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Does anyone of you know how to protect this,

With a gun? Or in case that is illegal in your country: a bat?

commented: haha +7
commented: ROFLMAO :P +3
commented: I prefer the trusty air-rifle. +4

Please be more specific in your question: Does anyone of you know how to protect this? Do you want to add a copy protection to your program?

I don't know what is a copy protection. Users may change specific file contents but only these...I need to aware anybody that I am the legitimate owner of the code and must treat it like these.I don't want to see,say any publication, which appears my code and another author
I don't know what is a copy protection. Users may change specific file contents but only these...I need to aware anybody that I am the legitimate owner of the code and must treat it like these.I don't want to see,say any publication, which appears my code and another author

Just take a patent on it :P

Patents are useless, just copyright it.

If you only want to give them away some certain code, then just compile the other code to a library and give them the library, in this way they can't change everything, but only the things which aren't in the library :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.