Hi!Good day.this is my first time to post here.

Iam using visual c# 2008 and Im new to it.Im developing a system,Ordering/Sales Monitoring and Inventory system as a part of my requirement in school(my thesis). The system that Im working will be used by a company for REAL so Im concentrating on it pretty hard.

this is the thing,the company that will use my system has a main office and several branches. A part of my system proposal is that those branches will be connected to the main office through my system(the database is in the main office and the branches will connect to it,etc)

So my question is,is there any way that my system(the one deployed in a branch)can connect to the system in the main office?

I hope my explanation is clear and this is not too long or boring to read.I will truly appreciate any help.Thanks again and GodBless

BTW: Im just wondering if visual c# 2008 is the best tool for me to do my system,Im running out of time but if you can suggest any tool thats will make my work easier,I will be happy to replace my tool.
And also, Do any one of you can send me a link of ebook or a site that will help me learn fast but all about visual c# 2008.As I've said,I new to c#,so Im expecting tons of questions and problems that will bug me and I dont want to post questions here everytime I encounter problems so I want to learn. thanks again.

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

If you don't yet know C#, this will be a very long, grueling process... I suggest learning the language first :P

If you don't yet know C#, this will be a very long, grueling process... I suggest learning the language first :P

Uhm.Its not that I dont know anything about c#.I think I know pretty much about the language.Im done with the user Interface,I can connect it to a database(SQL).And I think I can do the system but minus the "connecting to internet" part.
Of course I dont I dont have that "full knowlege" about the language yet and I expect some problems that I will be encountering but I think I can do it.I just need some help about some things(how to connect to internet in this matter)

So I hope you guys can help me.
Thanks again

Think you should use
Socket classes

using System.Net.Sockets;

You might build server that will communicate with your db in main office, and every branch will have client app to communicate with that server.

For that you should learn sockets and streams.
GL.

Think you should use
Socket classes

You might build server that will communicate with your db in main office, and every branch will have client app to communicate with that server.

GL.

thanks man,at least I have some clue to start with.Ill check and study it out..Ill post here as soon as I get it right.
do you have some ebooks or something that has a topic about that? but maybe Ill just find it myself.thanks again

and also thanks in advance to the additional help in the future.

Try this : http://www.andzelika.co.uk/TCPsockets.pdf

hey thanks for the link sir ddanbe,I've gotten a copy,Ill read it thorougly and I hope I will be able to find some answers.
thanks again
////////////////////////////

Think you should use
Socket classes

GL.

what you mean is I will deploy an application to the branches for the staff there to use and another application for the main office personnel's use right?
is that what "client app" means?

BTW:thanks for all your suggestions and time.Ive thought that I will not be noticed here coz im just new but It seems that Im wrong.cool!.

thanks again for the future help

Yes that's what i mean sorry for shortcut.

thanks danyldon. I will be working on the connection really soon so I will wish myself good luck.:)..

does this thread will be removed?or it will continue even though theres no member replying on it?
I hope it will not be remove and other "experts" will reply.It will be a great help!!hehe.
thanks and Godbless to all

IMHO this thread wont be removed, mark it as solved instead.

Sockets can be a bit challenging of a concept at first, mostly because in order to make an asynchonous connection, a certain degree of multi-threading must be used. The socket class will handle the creation of the thread, but you must learn how to invoke it, and when. This will require some knowledge of delegates, as these must be used to invoke a function in the main thread from the socket threads. The client will be pretty straight forward, but the server requires a bit more attention, since it is the one that must establish the TCP connections. If you are comfortable with the above concepts, then no problem! If you aren't then feel free to ask some questions.

The easiest way to provide communication between systems - programs is a Web Service.

Hi I am trying to make a program and I want to bring information from the internet such the wether and rss feeds can anyone tell me what I need to do?

Thanks in advance

Hi Benji11082 welcome at the daniweb site.
One thing you could start doing is post your question in a new thread, instead of resurrecting old ones...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.