What does error Lnk 2001 and LNK 1120 mean? Am a complete noob.. Could anyone please give me a step by step procedure to rectify it?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

What does error Lnk 2001 and LNK 1120 mean? Am a complete noob.. Could anyone please give me a step by step procedure to rectify it?

How are we supposed to know this? We even don't know what compiler you're using :( (we need to know this because it can be compiler specific, I guess you're using a Microsoft compiler, but I want to be 100% sure :))

BTW, You could just Google on it ...

Edit:: Being a noob isn't wrong, as long as you learn from your mistakes and you follow the forum rules, we've nothing against you :)

Step by step instruction:
1. Start Visual Studio
2. Select Help | Index
3. Type LNK2001 in Look For field
4. Click on LNK2001 list element
5. Read about LNK2001 error
6. Error correction: obvious after steps 1-5
About LNK1120:
7. Close Visual Studio
8. Do the same procedure as above but type LNK1120

commented: Haha! +7

Please post the smallest version of your code that will produce those linker errors. Then we can see which libraries you are trying to use.

Dave

Well as ArkM pointed out, I got reading... thanks David.... problem solved... man i should try out things a bit more....

commented: That sounds like a good idea ;) +18
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.