Hey guys,

I've been developing an application which transforms files generated by an aircraft transponder into KML files that will be loaded on Google earth.

As these KML files are more or less XML files I'm trying to parse XML files. I have downloaded and the xerces library. According to some guidelines that I've found on IBM's website I had to build (in Visual Studio) a project which was located within the xerces directory.

However, now I need to somehow link the src directory of the xerces folder with my workspace. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to set the directories in the Netbeans IDE ?

I've set the preprocessor path ... but I'm sure that I'm doing something wrong, any recommendation would be appreciated!!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You can just include the relevant headers from wherever they are installed on your system. That gives you the function declarations then you just need to link to the xerces library (usually something along the lines of libxerces-c.lib or libxerces-c-x.x.lib) to get the function definitions. No need to create your project within your xerces source.

You can just include the relevant headers from wherever they are installed on your system. That gives you the function declarations then you just need to link to the xerces library (usually something along the lines of libxerces-c.lib or libxerces-c-x.x.lib) to get the function definitions. No need to create your project within your xerces source.

Yeah i know exactly what you mean, but it only works if I specify the absolute address of the file. As I 'm using the xerces library there are tens of files I would like to set relative addressing so if I move my project's location, or the library's location my links will still work.

If you take a look at the following link, you will see what I mean and I think it's vital for the libraries to work properly. (Here's the link : http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-xercc/ , take a look under the building for Win32 header).

Those instructions are primarily for actually building xerces from source.

Just add the base xerces include directory (something like C:\build\xerces-c-src-2_7_0\include\xercesc ) as an 'additional include directory' in your project, that way when you reference the include files you can just do them like:

#include <util\Base64.hpp>
#include <parsers\AbstractDOMParser.hpp>
etc...

Those instructions are primarily for actually building xerces from source.

Just add the base xerces include directory (something like C:\build\xerces-c-src-2_7_0\include\xercesc ) as an 'additional include directory' in your project, that way when you reference the include files you can just do them like:

#include <util\Base64.hpp>
#include <parsers\AbstractDOMParser.hpp>
etc...

I will try it.. thank you very much, I hope it works, I've already done something similar but as long as I feel that I'm on the right track I will give it a better look !!!

Thanks again :P

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.