Hi:

I just wanted to see the capabilities of java. Can you please post your favorite project (that you've made). If you want, please also post the source code.

Thanx,
C++

Recommended Answers

All 28 Replies

I'll give you a screenshot of my favorite project, although it didn' take ver long.

that looks pretty impressive. what exactly does it calculate?

It will graph a polynomial up to the fifth order....not hard math, but getting it to graph that was not very fun, especially if you use the built in java function(drawPolyline());

I've also made a pretty good TextEditor, and a Semi-Scientific calculator...I've made a lot more, but those are my best.

those r cool - anybody else have any cool programs???

I know java but I'm not nearly as impresive as server crash

I use Java professionally so no flashy stuff but solid corporate applications (mainly internet and intranet stuff for customers including several multinationals).
Most of it is confidential and the rest no longer exists as the projects were cancelled or the companies taken over.

Hi everyone,

I can't, i signed a confidientially agreement.

Richard West

Hi everyone,

I can't, i signed a confidientially agreement.

Richard West

Ahh, I see, you work for a company...Sorry!

jext.org was made in java...I believe netbeans.org was made in java. Those are not ones I made, but you'll see the capabilities of Java by looking at them.
Java is a very powerful language, just put your mind to it.

>Ahh, I see, you work for a company
If freesoft is a professional Java programmer and still isn't comfortable with simple arrays, we have cause to be worried.

Maybe he works for the government and programs game to use up all the government workers time when there supposedly doing somehting

there u go...

Hi everyone,

>Ahh, I see, you work for a company
If freesoft is a professional Java programmer and still isn't comfortable with simple arrays, we have cause to be worried.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD IT WAS A CARELESS MISTAKE, LET IT GO

Richard West

I'm a pedant by nature, get used to it. Anyway, I get the feeling that you're either not a professional, or you have a very cushy job where nobody questions you. Otherwise you would be more capable of taking a jab without switching to hurt and whiney mode.

Please direct any further bitching to my PM box, so we don't completely hijack this thread. kthxbye.

lets get back on topic...

Hi everyone,

Ahh, I see, you work for a company...Sorry!

I really i wish i could show you a screen shot but actually you know we are getting the api's and functions ready and thus the layout is something we left to be done last so actually we are now using flow layout.

Another application that i have developed is an image manipulator. Its something like a mini photo shop but i think it still could use a lot of improvements.

C++ i saw your code about decryption. What type of alogrothim did you use for that application. Didn't quite get it.

Yours Sincerely

Richard West

Hi everyone,

I really i wish i could show you a screen shot but actually you know we are getting the api's and functions ready and thus the layout is something we left to be done last so actually we are now using flow layout.

Another application that i have developed is an image manipulator. Its something like a mini photo shop but i think it still could use a lot of improvements.

Yours Sincerely

Richard West

It's no problem about the screen shots, I understand about the confidentiality. Anyways, look at this sites image editor, how does your image editor compare to that one.

http://www.jhlabs.com/ip/imageeditor.html

Hi everyone,

The image manipulator i have still needs a alot of work but at this moment it only has basic features

Currently the basic features that i have are image rotation(with and without transparent background), image graying, image format conversion, image resizing(by pixel or percentage) and etc. I am still adding features and a lot of improvements are still needed. Wish me luck.

Richard West

freesoft, I don't really have an alogrothim. I just get the text, send it into a switch statement, and print it back out

freesoft, I don't really have an alogrothim. I just get the text, send it into a switch statement, and print it back out

A cool algorithm to try, would be using matrices, and multiplying them by a certain "key" matrix, and then you can covert back by using an inverse matrix.

can u further explain that, server_crash???

Never mind that post, that might be more complicated than it's worth. I have an easier way that I'll probably post tommorow(don't have time right now,sorry).

Any More Project Ideas!?!?!?!?!?

Hi everyone,

I have made a chess game in java.And that is my best project.

Closing this zombie. There is a "show off your project" forum here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.