i have GHostOne advanced remote host bot last version but i have some problems edditting it.
when i try to compile game.cpp (edited by me) gives me a lot of errors that i cannot solv (compile.txt file)
anyway...i cannot even compile the originat cpp file cuz he gives me a lot of errors too....so i think its my C++ compiler problems
i use Dev C++ compiler
what should i do?

PS: someone told me that i shall tri to compile again after i updat my libraries...is he right?

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Ask the person you got the source from what compiler they used, then get that compiler and use it to compiler. OR look through the errors, try and fix them. For example: In Visual Studio you write:

sprintf_s();

but in dev C++ that will return an error. It must be replaced with

sprintf();

also that cpp file doesn't help us at all because it has a ton of includes that are not included. Most of the errors are probably in those includes.

I looked through the errors and it looks like it was originally compiled on visual studio.

There is a message in that compile.txt file that states it must be compiled with VC++ 2008 (probably express edition will be ok).

yea i know in microsoft visual studio c++ expres eddition i may resolve my problems but i don't know how to compile in that program:D...please tell me how

i found out how to compile in microsoft visual c++ expres edition but now i have another problem....i cannot compile/build any file becose gives me this error :

1>------ Build started: Project: ghost, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Embedding manifest...
1>mt.exe : general error c10100b1: Failed to load file "..\Debug\ghost.exe". The system cannot find the path specified.
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Dragos\Project\ghost\ghost\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>ghost - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
anyway....if i tri to compile the original game.cpp file gives me the same error...so i think my visual c++ misses 1 file
if that isnt the problem tell me what is and how to resolve it pls

zip up the entire project and attach it to your post so that we can try to compile/link it ourselves. Please delete all compiler-generated files, such as *.obj and *.ncb to that the zip file is smaller.

i have only edited the game.cpp(GhostOne/ghost/game.cpp) file and the game_base.cpp(GhostOne/ghost/game_base.cpp)

also this program its not made by me...i have only downloaded and tried to edit it

and thx for help by the way

i cannot post the file....
Invalid Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
this is what tells me after i attach file ...i think thi file size its too big (18MB)

Surely the source code is not 18MB, try deleting the files that Ancient Dragon mentioned.

he told me to post the whole program so he can try to compile it...welll the whole programe has 18MB

well this is the entire project:...

and thx again for your help :)

he told me to post the whole program so he can try to compile it...welll the whole programe has 18MB

Go back and re-read my post. I said to delete all compiler-generated files.

I downloaded that zip file and tried to compile it with VC++ 2008 Express but some errors on bncsutil library (its not on my computer). Where do I get it ?

dont rlly know...told ya i am noob in this thing

dont rlly know...told ya i am noob in this thing

You will have to get that library before you can attempt to compile the program you posted. google for it and see if that will find it.

man sry for disturbing...i have fount a readme file in the directory where is my program instaled that tells you how to compile it...
thx for all

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.