I'm writing a blackjack program for class and I am having a problem with Aces, jack, queens, kings, my random number generator generates a 1, 11, 12, 13 for those cards, respectively... but Aces should be worth 11, jacks, queens, and kings, as 10, I have attatched my current code, this thing is due in a few hours, if anybody can be of any help I would appreciate it, the code is kinda messy, but not in bad shape.

What exact problem are you having at the moment with it? If you generate random numbers 1 - 13 to generate random cards all you need to do is have a seperate fields to store the value and the ID in. Initially set ID to the random number to identify the card then modify the value to whatever you like. It seems faily black-and-white to me...

with regards to your code the value calculations seem to satisfy the above so where is the problem?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.