void my_Func(char source_file[1024] , char dest_file[1024] , unsigned int Exp , unsigned long Mod)
{
 FILE *in, *out;
 int counter; int Ret;
 in = fopen(source_file ,"rb");
   if(in == NULL ) {
 	cout << "OOps! Source file "<<source_file<<" non-existing or corrupt file\n";
    return;
   }
   out = fopen(dest_file ,"wb");
   if( out == NULL ) {
   	fclose(in);
 	  cout << "OOps!: Failed in opening dstinaton file <" << dest_file << ">.\n";
      return;
   }
   while( (counter=fgetc(in)) != EOF ) 
   {
 //   cout<<counter << " -> ";
    Ret = Exponential_Power(counter, Exp, Mod);  
//  	cout<<Ret<<"  "; system("pause");	
	fputc( ((UCHAR)Ret) ,out);
   }
   fclose(in); fclose(out);
}
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

in my function from source source each character is being read...its ascii value is read say a --> 97 , then 97 is mathematically operated...if the new number is smaller than 255 , it can be stored in the file easily ..if the new number ascii value is greater than 255 it produces problem in retrieving the same character.. how can i solve this issue..
in fact i want to store numbres in file...but when i read them they are read charater by character so i m unable to perform math operation on the code.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

AHEM!

You are only reading in one character with fgetc()
Characters are a single byte. They will range from -128...0...127
since they're signed! (Or 0...255) the size of a byte, if characters are configured for 8-bit in the compiler!

There won't be a value > 255!

However you are running that character through the function
Ret = Exponential_Power(counter, Exp, Mod);

that you haven't given us! So it is unknown what range Ret will be! Please post the source for that function!

And furthermore, your code isn't c++, it's C (poorly). I strongly discourage the use of system("pause") (here's why) and also fgetc and fputc.

Also, if you want help, learn to use code tags.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.