hello, what is java spring?
i read its a framework. but what compiler do i use to work with it?

and from where i can download java spring?
i tried this page http://www.roseindia.net/spring/springdownload.shtml but their explanation, i dont find the things they put.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

forget roseindia. The only thing you'll learn there is bad habits.

javac like with every other Java library.

@hajjo

Try the Spring download here. Download 2.5.6 which is the current production release for Spring.

Also, give the Spring official documentation a shot along with the myriad of books available on Google Books for preview. It must be enough to get you started.

okey thanks alot brother, s.o.s
I am downloading the spring-framework-2.5.6.sec01 with dependecies.zip

with my syrian connection, it should be finish in 2 hours lol..
i will give a look at that link as well. thank u very much.
i didnt know roseindia is bad, coz its what i found using google..
thanks for the link..

however just one more question. for example in vb.net i use .net framework 3.5 sp1 but the compiler i use is visual basic 2008 express.

in this case. whats the compiler that i got to use?? i am downloading spring framework.. but what compiler? netbeans, bluej??

>whats the compiler that i got to use??

You can use any compiler implementation which follows the JVM specification; the Sun JDK is pretty standard and is widely used. Download it here. [JDK Update 14]

>netbeans, bluej??

Those are IDE's and not compilers.

Netbeans is not a compiler, it is an IDE and it helps you build GUI programs in swing, so it will compile things for you but it itself is not a compiler. I don't know what bluej is (sounds familiar).

edit: posted at the same time.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.