Hi All
I've seen this topic discussed in various forums, but that was awhile ago and they didn't really answer my questions.

I'm looking for a version of py2exe that works with python 3.0.1.
As far as I know, there isn't one that has been developed yet.

Has one come out recently?
If not, does anyone have some idea when one will be available?

Should I keep checking www.py2exe.org for it or may it come out on a different site first?

Is developing a version of py2exe for 3.0.1 a job for software companies or can it be done by the hobbyist?

I suppose I could just convert my code to 2.6 and run it from there, but I'd rather not download a new compiler and learn different syntax.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

southafrica1

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

py2exe.org is where you should be looking. I'm sure they'd love the help if you're willing to volunteer.

Thanks for the help. Haha, but I don't think I'm in any position to be part of a development team. I'm sorta still a beginner in programming.

3.x.x is stubborn due to lack of important modules, wxPython and Py2exe being among them

It's disappointing that the havn't developed py2exe for 3.0.1.
I've downloaded the 2.6 compiler and am know trying to get the "Hello World!" program to run as an executable. Having a few problems though, can't find the module 'Hello World' from the command prompt. Anyway, that's for a different thread I guess

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.