Hello!
I kinda just fell over this great C++ plug-in for Visual Studio 2008 C++, Dark GDK.
I installed it and that DirectX, August 2007, shit and it was downloaded and installed correctly with no errors, but still it doesn't show the new Wizards template when I start a new project in Visual Studio 2008 C++.
And yes I do have set the paths in Tool-->Options-->Projects and Solutions-->VC++ Directories. I have included this in the 'Include files' drop-down option:

C:\Programmer\The Game Creators\Dark GDK\Include

and:

C:\Programmer\Microsoft DirectX SDK (August 2007)\Include

And then in 'Libary files' I've got this:

C:\Programmer\The Game Creators\Dark GDK\Lib\vs9
C:\Programmer\Microsoft DirectX SDK (August 2007)\Lib\x86

But still.. No Wizards template.. I know that a lot of other people also have encountered this problem, but still I had no luck in findinding a solution!
Please help me! I did everything: Reinstalled EVERYTHING, rebooted the computer, all that kinda stuff, but still no Wizards template..

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hello please? Someone??

Without knowing anything about Dark GDK, isn't there something that would need to be copied to VCWizards directory in your Visual Studio install?

On my system its in the folder: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\VCWizards

I would think you should get the answer at their forums

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.