Hi,

I have SQL Server on a server. I need an applet, to appear within other peoples web sites that has read and update access to my database on my server.

I would like it to be written in C# as the rest of the application is C# and I should be able to use much of the code.

Also I need some sort of 'site identifier' so that each web site it appears on is different (probably just a site_no column in one of the tables).

My best guess so far is to create a custom control and run it on my box and have other web sites use iframes.

Does anyone have any advice!?

Many thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hey there,

There's not the notion of "applets", as in Java. The closest thing would be SilverLight, which does a lot of what you're asking. That would give you something encapsulated you could run elsewhere. The other alternative would be running an IFRAME with an ASPX page, but I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to accomplish...

Hey there,

There's not the notion of "applets", as in Java. The closest thing would be SilverLight, which does a lot of what you're asking. That would give you something encapsulated you could run elsewhere. The other alternative would be running an IFRAME with an ASPX page, but I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to accomplish...

Thanks for the response.
I think an IFrame with an aspx page is the way forward.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.