hi guys.. kindly help me in this one... i'm creating an inventory system.. i have a problem in their Item No. format... i use maskedbox... my mask is ##-####### ... im using a barcode reader..their current Item number has only 4 digit... i want the output will become this one >>> 00-00005597..... and it will start on the right side... 5597<<< item number...

thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

use the format function on the input of the four numbers to format it the way you want to display.

Good Luck

thanks for the reply... there's no right to left input in the format function....
i put "00-00000000"... but the output is 55-97______

adjust the alignment, if it has this property.

maskedbox has no ajustment property like a regular textbox :(

Well, I know the format function formats it like you want...

MsgBox Format("4321", "00-00000000")

Good Luck

thanks for the reply... it's working in msgbox... but how will i do that in maskedbox?

maskededit.text = format...

Good Luck

wow.. thank you very much... you rock!!!

hi guys.. kindly help me in this one... i'm creating an inventory system.. i have a problem in their Item No. format... i use maskedbox... my mask is ##-####### ... im using a barcode reader..their current Item number has only 4 digit... i want the output will become this one >>> 00-00005597..... and it will start on the right side... 5597<<< item number...

thanks in advance

if you want show the value in your style you can use format function
but if you want get data with maskedit vb6 can't do it or i don't see anywhere do like this. i write a control can get data in mask. like user enter 12:44 and my value was 1244. i can save data in both mode.
but this is not vb6 funcitionality

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.