i have spent some time trying to install glut in code blocks and so far I haven't succeeded. i have downloaded the glut-3.7.6-bin from here . I have looked at tutorials on where to put the files in the download (like here) but it doesn't work. :icon_question::icon_question::icon_question:

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

What would google do? It would oggle
the google baby.

yes I followed that tutorial, but it doesn't work. when I try to compile anything I get errors like [glut function name] wasn't declared in this scope and unused variable [glut function name]. In that tutorial it talks about putting a .a file somewhere, but there wasnt a .a file in the download?

Did you download the bin or the src? The src needs building before you can use it.

oh. no i didnt. i just downloaded the glut-3.7.6-bin. so i download the source then...

Yes, the source files contain the c++ source where as the BIN files contain the actual executable or some times the "Disk Images". So no-wonder you get those errors as they arent even declared anywhere.

I have downloaded the source but I don't know what to do now, if I make a new glut project and select the source folder and it says its invalid, what do I do now?

try getting SDL and installing openGL to that.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.