Hello,

I'm not a programmer just a user of an application that won't work and gives a pythonw.exe error whenever it's run. I've tried asking for help on windows tech forums but they don't have any answers so I thought I would try here. Forgive me if this is not the place but I have no where else to turn.

here are screen shots of what happens when I run the Liveperson application causing the problems:

http://www.skiboardsonline.com/temp/pythonw.gif
http://www.skiboardsonline.com/temp/liveperson.gif

When in safe mode the problem doesn't occur but the app doesn't have any data of course because it can't access the net and when in safe mode with networking the problem occurs. I've tried upgrading my copy of Python and downgrading my copy of the liveperson software and neither helped.

Thank you for any help or direction. If there is anything else I can provide please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you,

Tom

Windows Vista 32bit

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: pythonw.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 47bd6a93
Fault Module Name: python25.dll
Fault Module Version: 2.5.2150.1013
Fault Module Timestamp: 47bd6a82
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00063025
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 188a
Additional Information 2: dd32eaf7e067b44bd87d778b0b52dfc7
Additional Information 3: e446
Additional Information 4: 729da477cad2cf4b8556769b7775b38d

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 932776301

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: PythonService.exe
Application Version: 2.5.211.0
Application Timestamp: 4840a7ad
Fault Module Name: python25.dll
Fault Module Version: 2.5.2150.1013
Fault Module Timestamp: 47bd6a82
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00063025
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I have no idea why this is happening but you may get better results if you gave us the name and website of the Python app

I should mention the program works fine on an XP laptop and a W2K desktop. The tech support person at Liveperson says no one else is having this problem so there is something wrong with my Vista PC, but they don't want to try and troubleshoot it with me.

Thanks,

Tom

I would assume there are multiple issues that could cause it, does it only crash after the switch to error comes up? What action are you preforming when that error is raised? What are your options when you press switch to? Are you allowing Vista to run these applications with administrator priviliages? These are a few questions that come to mind with the information you provided. To be quite honest I would be pretty irritated if I payed money for a product and had issues with it to only get a response of "no one else is having this problem." Also having worked at a tech support job, you may want to try getting a diffrent tech on the line, some of these kids are not so bright. I would hash it out with the developers of the software if it were me they are providing a service so any problems with that service is their problem regardless of what they think. Anyways I wish you luck in getting your issue resolved.

Have you tried uninstalling the program and doing a fresh install?

Have you tried uninstalling the program and doing a fresh install?

thanks for the idea but unfortunately it didn't change anything. same issue after uninstalling liveperson and reinstalling.

I would assume there are multiple issues that could cause it, does it only crash after the switch to error comes up? What action are you preforming when that error is raised? What are your options when you press switch to? Are you allowing Vista to run these applications with administrator priviliages? These are a few questions that come to mind with the information you provided. To be quite honest I would be pretty irritated if I payed money for a product and had issues with it to only get a response of "no one else is having this problem." Also having worked at a tech support job, you may want to try getting a diffrent tech on the line, some of these kids are not so bright. I would hash it out with the developers of the software if it were me they are providing a service so any problems with that service is their problem regardless of what they think. Anyways I wish you luck in getting your issue resolved.

Yes, admin privileges. here is a video I created showing how it happens. It really seems related to the "info" tab since I sort of got it working, you'll see in the video, and it crapped out again when I click on the info tab. Here is a screen shot of what the info tab should contains when the program is working. I used the XP laptop to get this.

Reading online I found another complaint about their tech support and how they often give this response to what they feel are user computer related issues. But I'll try them again too.

Thanks for your help,

Tom

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.