im doing this lab and im so lost on it, i dont know where to start.

here is the link for the lab Lab

now im not lookin for someone to do it for me just help me out on gettin started. im not sure how to use arrays and stuff they are really confusing to me i have read my book like 5 times and still dont get them.

so could someone just get me started and explain a little about arrays maybe ill get it if hear it from someone else.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What don't you understand about arrays? How to declare/define them? How to use them?

I'm not sure about other people, but I'm too lazy to follow your link to even bother looking at the exercise, you may want to clarify what you need help with so we can help you.

im doing this lab and im so lost on it, i dont know where to start.

here is the link for the lab Lab

now im not lookin for someone to do it for me just help me out on gettin started. im not sure how to use arrays and stuff they are really confusing to me i have read my book like 5 times and still dont get them.

so could someone just get me started and explain a little about arrays maybe ill get it if hear it from someone else.

Now, I'm not sure how much you know about arrays. But let me put it this way as basics. You know Microsoft Excel? Imagine arrays are similar to excel where you have columns and rows. However, arrays can only fit ONE alphabet at a time (but in excel you can put in as many as you want). So, when you declare an array (example:- arrayname[10]) in Excel, I will view it as one (1) row, and ten (10) columns. And each columns, I can only fit ONE character.
In the case of your lab, it's got to be multiple array meaning, many columns and many rows.
I strongly recomend that you also read up from this site:- http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial/lesson8.html
See, the diagrams and I believe you'll understand better.

Good luck

thats a nice site thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.