hello Sknake......I need your help once again..........
In my application I have made forms on which there are two panels each having a picturebox.
Here, when user enters the string in textbox for searching and the Text(caption) of the matched string are displayed.
But I want that it should display the image of picturebox1 of each matched form in the listview along with the caption. And when we click on image ,it should display the picturebox2 of that form(if possible) otherwise show the complete corresponding form.

Kindly help me ,please.............

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

I'm afraid I don't understand what you're asking or why that makes sense. Why not just show a thumbnail of the form's screenshot, ie letting them preview the form? You could open up a 'preview' form when they mouseover the image that way they could see a bigger version of the image.

Other than that if I understand you correctly:
Show pictureBox1's Image in the ListView. When the user clicks on the picture it will toggle it to show pictureBox2's picture instead. If the form doesn't have a pictureBox2 then it will open the form?

Please clarify :)

I'm afraid I don't understand what you're asking or why that makes sense. Why not just show a thumbnail of the form's screenshot, ie letting them preview the form? You could open up a 'preview' form when they mouseover the image that way they could see a bigger version of the image.

Other than that if I understand you correctly:
Show pictureBox1's Image in the ListView. When the user clicks on the picture it will toggle it to show pictureBox2's picture instead. If the form doesn't have a pictureBox2 then it will open the form?

Please clarify :)

I just want that when the user sees the search result in the listview, he is able to find his required string easily.
Kindly tell out of these two solution which you have giving, is more appropriate to use,
I have attested my application here, Kindly provide the solutions for both the methods, if possible otherwise tell me 2nd solution.

That didn't help me understand your question any better

That didn't help me understand your question any better

Well kindly provide me the solution for this:

This will cycle through the images when they click. So image1, image2, image1, image2, etc. If they double click it will open the form. If they do a single click and the form doesn't have an image it will do nothing.

I think that makes the most sense. You probably want to block it from cycling the image on the first click if the node wasn't selected.

This will cycle through the images when they click. So image1, image2, image1, image2, etc. If they double click it will open the form. If they do a single click and the form doesn't have an image it will do nothing.

I think that makes the most sense. You probably want to block it from cycling the image on the first click if the node wasn't selected.

thanks for your reply sknake........
This is not what i want, i think you are taking the wrong....
Actually i my project the caption which are displaying in listview is not easily readable by the user, So kindly tell me some way so that user can easily read the required string...
i have attested my application here, u just entered this string in text box: "Evaluate 2/3+5/6+8/9^32(8\9-6)."
then you will see that it is not readable properly, So kindly tell me something regarding this.........:sad:

Hi sknake,
You just tell me how to increase the size of the images, which have been displayed in the listview so that the content of the images are clearly visible to the user.
Like the content of pictureBox1 form2 is not clearly visible .And no matter how many items (whether 3-4 links)appears on the listview but the content of each image should be clearly visible to the user.
Also on single clicking on image its corresponding form should be opened.
Kindly help me regarding this............:pretty:

thanks for your reply sknake........
This is not what i want, i think you are taking the wrong....
Actually i my project the caption which are displaying in listview is not easily readable by the user, So kindly tell me some way so that user can easily read the required string...
i have attested my application here, u just entered this string in text box: "Evaluate 2/3+5/6+8/9^32(8\9-6)."
then you will see that it is not readable properly, So kindly tell me something regarding this

I have no idea what you're referring to.

Hi sknake,
You just tell me how to increase the size of the images, which have been displayed in the listview so that the content of the images are clearly visible to the user.
Like the content of pictureBox1 form2 is not clearly visible .And no matter how many items (whether 3-4 links)appears on the listview but the content of each image should be clearly visible to the user.
Also on single clicking on image its corresponding form should be opened.
Kindly help me regarding this............

To increase the size of the image change the imageList's ImageSize property. I believe it is 46,46 right now. The image list size dictates the image size on the listview.

To change the click behavior:

public void ShowNextImage()
      {
        if (_currentIndex >= _maxIndex)
          OpenForm(); 
        else
        {
          _currentIndex++;
          _listViewItem.ImageIndex = _currentIndex;
        }
      }

Thanks sknake, Most of my problem is solved.........
Can you just tell me that how to modify the code such that when results are displayed in listview than in that case it should not display form name or caption , it should display just images of picturebox1.
Also when we single click on picture it should just open the respective form and not the picturebox2.

Kindly provide some solution.......:pretty:

Sknake kindly help me, this is the last problem related to this thread...............:sad:

Try to figure it out ;)

Try to figure it out ;)

Sknake i have tried to figure it out....
Well i have already remove caption in the listview, But i still confused that how can i remove that form name, and display only image of picturebox1, and when i single click on that image, it should display that corresponding form.Not the image of pictureBox2.
Kindly help me Sknake...........
please Sir help me in this................

Try to figure it out ;)

Thank you Sknake, i have solved all my problem, just one thing is left, which i tried , but i could make it. Can you please tell me how can i give the spaces between the results which are displaying in listview, i have attested thumbnail, in which you can see that.
And also when results are displaying in Listview, then on the left side automatically the serial number should appear like 1,2,3,4.....and so on.....
Kindly provide me some solution related to this........:pretty:

Try to figure it out ;)

Hello Mr. Sknake at least give me some idea to do this...................................

Well can anyone else try to solve my problem............

Try to figure it out ;)

Hello sknake at least tell me how can i add serial number:1,2,3...
dynamically for displaying result in Listview.........:pretty:

What does the serial # represent? 1,2,3,4,5 from the first row, or from the first page? IE if your page size = 5 should page #2 start out with serial no#6 ?

What does the serial # represent? 1,2,3,4,5 from the first row, or from the first page? IE if your page size = 5 should page #2 start out with serial no#6 ?

hello Skanake,
Actually i want the numbering of the items which are appearing in listview.
Like I am dispalying 5 items on one page ,next 5 on another page and so on , i.e 5 items are displaying on one page.
Now the five items one page will have numbering 1,2,3,4,5 then next 5 items on another page will ahve serial number 6,7,8,9,10
and so on.
I just want that as teh items add in listview they get automatically numbered.........
Kindly help me in this...........

Again with a thread that never ends...... But here you are. I bet you're going to ask another question after this aren't you? :P

Again with a thread that never ends...... But here you are. I bet you're going to ask another question after this aren't you? :P

Thanks for your reply, and i will not gonna to ask any new question on this thread..............
Thanks once again..............:pretty:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.