Please help quickly!

I'm on short notice here. I'm making a C++ program for a project, and the computer I'll need to run it on does not have a compiler.

I am currently using Microsoft Visual Studio 2003. I would very much like to turn this file into an executable capable of running on any computer (Or any PC, really)

I am slightly above average as far as computer savvy goes.

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I really wonder if that's possible..
What you are trying to do is to make an executable without actually compiling the C++ syntax.
Without the compiler, I think that the C++ syntax would be juz lines of data and nothing else.

My Suggestion would be to install a compiler on the system , compile it and then after the executable is made. Uninstall it (Optionally.)

I really wonder if that's possible..
What you are trying to do is to make an executable without actually compiling the C++ syntax.
Without the compiler, I think that the C++ syntax would be juz lines of data and nothing else.

My Suggestion would be to install a compiler on the system , compile it and then after the executable is made. Uninstall it (Optionally.)

You misunderstood me. I run a compiler on my computer, where I will be creating this program. The computer I will be RUNNING this on will not have one, and is beyond my jurisdiction to install anything on. I wish to turn said program into an executable program FROM my computer and run said (DLL independant) .exe on another computer.

You misunderstood me. I run a compiler on my computer, where I will be creating this program. The computer I will be RUNNING this on will not have one, and is beyond my jurisdiction to install anything on. I wish to turn said program into an executable program FROM my computer and run said (DLL independant) .exe on another computer.

No problem. The compiler compiles the program and creates an executable. Once that executable is created, you can throw away the compiler and throw away all of the .cpp and .h files. Just grab the .exe file and stick it wherever you want, on any Windows computer. The fact that it has no DLLs makes it even easier. Just run the .exe file.

No problem. The compiler compiles the program and creates an executable. Once that executable is created, you can throw away the compiler and throw away all of the .cpp and .h files. Just grab the .exe file and stick it wherever you want, on any Windows computer. The fact that it has no DLLs makes it even easier. Just run the .exe file.

Thanks, I just found where it was. Tested, works on non compiling computers. Its all good.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.