hi all

using ubuntu here, and the default setup (straight from synaptic) of wxwidgets has the wxDB classes disabled.

so, how does one rebuild the actual libraries of wxwigets, once ive edited the setup.h files.

and which setup.h files do i need to edit. i found what i was looking for in:

/usr/lib/wx/include/base-unicode-debug-2.8/wx/setup.h
/usr/lib/wx/include/base-unicode-release-2.8/wx/setup.h

are they the only ones.

the problem ive been getting is whenever i use (even correctly) any member of the wxDb group of classes, the linker gives an error similar to:

/home/kevin/Programming/Active/SeedBank/ReviewEntry.cpp|494|undefined reference to `wxDbConnectInf::wxDbConnectInf()'

im assuming that this is because these are set to zero:

(in /usr/lib/wx/include/base-unicode-debug-2.8/wx/setup.h)

#define wxUSE_ODBC 0

#define wxODBC_FWD_ONLY_CURSORS 0

#define wxODBC_BACKWARD_COMPATABILITY 0

thanks in advance

Kev

hi all

using ubuntu here, and the default setup (straight from synaptic) of wxwidgets has the wxDB classes disabled.

so, how does one rebuild the actual libraries of wxwigets, once ive edited the setup.h files.

and which setup.h files do i need to edit. i found what i was looking for in:

/usr/lib/wx/include/base-unicode-debug-2.8/wx/setup.h
/usr/lib/wx/include/base-unicode-release-2.8/wx/setup.h

are they the only ones.

the problem ive been getting is whenever i use (even correctly) any member of the wxDb group of classes, the linker gives an error similar to:

/home/kevin/Programming/Active/SeedBank/ReviewEntry.cpp|494|undefined reference to `wxDbConnectInf::wxDbConnectInf()'

im assuming that this is because these are set to zero:

(in /usr/lib/wx/include/base-unicode-debug-2.8/wx/setup.h)

#define wxUSE_ODBC 0

#define wxODBC_FWD_ONLY_CURSORS 0

#define wxODBC_BACKWARD_COMPATABILITY 0

thanks in advance

Kev

Seems i ve figured it out for myself. easiest to reinstall the wxwidgets libraries (yep, all of them) from the sources. then just use the ./configure options as required.

cheers
Kev

Seems i ve figured it out for myself. easiest to reinstall the wxwidgets libraries (yep, all of them) from the sources. then just use the ./configure options as required.

cheers
Kev

Scrap all that. they dont work and are no longer supported

commented: Thanks for the follow-up on this problem! +10
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.