Hi,

I wan't to add simple web form to my page. name, e-mail, comment, so I started poking around internet and found out about CGI. I put premade cgi.(pearl) script in cgi-bin folder on server and adjusted form for that script:

When I tested out my form , i got this error: Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log. Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) DAV/2 SVN/1.4.6 PHP/5.2.4-2ubuntu5.7 with Suhosin-Patch mod_ruby/1.2.6 Ruby/1.8.6(2007-09-24) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8g Server at rags.lv Port 80

I suppose there is something wrong with pearl file config. and since I'm not very competent outside html/css I need some help.

I'm using this scripit : FormMail

any help mucho macho appreciated :p

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Is the very first line (#!/usr/bin/perl) pointing to the correct folder where perl is stored on the server?

in the first couple of lines of the script there should be a line like

print "content-type: text/html\n\n";

if not add it

Thanks a lot ! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.