hello every1, pls am new to programming . doin my undergrad dissertation on cd database. cd is manually put into cd drive. cd contents like artist, song, etc, are copied off the cd and then put into a database.
right now, am having problems with the copying of cd contents. my code gives no error but its not retrieving the contents. tested with the same cd.using a textbox as a storage of contents for now.

can som1 pls help me with this code pls or pls help with another way of copying the cd contents. i dnt know wat else to do. my deadline is in 3wks. PLS HELP!!!

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic; 
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Text;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using WMPLib;
using AxWMPLib;
namespace CdRomManagement
{
    public partial class Form1 : Form
    {
        public Form1()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
            axWindowsMediaPlayer1.CdromMediaChange += new AxWMPLib._WMPOCXEvents_CdromMediaChangeEventHandler(axWindowsMediaPlayer1_CdromMediaChange);
        }

private void axWindowsMediaPlayer1_CdromMediaChange(object sender, AxWMPLib._WMPOCXEvents_CdromMediaChangeEvent e)
        {
            axWindowsMediaPlayer1.currentPlaylist = axWindowsMediaPlayer1.cdromCollection.Item(e.cdromNum).Playlist;

axWindowsMediaPlayer1.Ctlcontrols.play();      

this.textBox1.Text = axWindowsMediaPlayer1.currentMedia.getItemInfo("Genre");

}
    }
}

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

That's interesting, yesterday when I looked at this post the code was broken up into several blocks, but now it's all together?--weird.

Anyway, I was wondering if you made any headway on this? Having never worked with the MP API and plugin, I hacked around a little and noticed that when I had wired several other events that the metadata information would be updated by the time the CdromMediaChange event got fired. In addition, when I "unwired" all of the other events (your original code), if I ejected and reinserted the cd, the metadata would be updated by then (second time around).

I looked around for a while trying to figure out how to force the player to update the metadata via an API call, but didn't find out anything before having to "shelf" it.

I am rather surprised that nobody in here has hinted at an answer or direction for you yet. Perhaps it is due to the multiple code blocks as I encountered yesterday.... At any rate, should you find a "cure", please share it with the community.

Cheers!

hello every1. pls am writing my dissertation on my project CD DATABASE. could ne1 pls help me with guide lines of some sort as to what the write up should contain. i know you have introduction and abstract, but what else should be in it. do i have to write like a history of cds, describing what makes up the cd , metadata , etc.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.