Hi Guys,

I am trying to reverse engineer some of the openGl function into pure c++ and need some help. I can't use openGL but need to do some of the stuff it does. I am trying to figure out how to code glViewPort(...) in c++. Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

OpenGL is the commands which deals with the graphics hardware. if you want to create opengl command yourself, first you must know how graphics hardware works. I think now in windows only two such thing are familiar one is OpenGL and another is DirectX. you are trying to make one yourself, i wish you "all the best".

Hi Guys,

I am trying to reverse engineer some of the openGl function into pure c++ and need some help. I can't use openGL but need to do some of the stuff it does. I am trying to figure out how to code glViewPort(...) in c++. Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Don't waste your time. Opengl has been created when a group
of Genius's got together and built a very well graphics library.
There is no reason to do this. And I doubt that pure C++ can do
what opengl does.

If you are really interested in the C++ style, then use OpenSceneGraph (OSG - Take command and convert them as a OpenGL command and interact with graphics hardware).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.