For some reason netbean hates me, as well as eclipse.

So i set cygwin as the compiler and debugger and everything, and tried a simple print statement and all i got was:

The system cannot find the path specifiedProcess is started in an external terminal ...
RUN FAILED

Any help would be nice.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

when you download netbeans make sure you download the JVM as well.

Are you creating the project correctly?

look at the bottom of the page :
"JDK 6 or JDK 5 is required for installing and running the Java SE, JavaFX, Java and All NetBeans Bundles. You can download standalone JDK or download the latest JDK with NetBeans IDE Java SE bundle.
"

do you have this?

I got JDK 6 Update 17 with Java EE, I'm going to check now to see if netbeans has it properly located.

Problem with output went away, but is there any way to change the output from dos to inside a console or something?

edit: and is there anyway to get rid of the error where it says "iostream cannot be found", but it still compiles fine?

>>Problem with output went away, but is there any way to change the output from dos to inside a console or something?

Not sure google it.

>>edit: and is there anyway to get rid of the error where it says "iostream cannot be found", but it still compiles fine?

Right now, are you using netbeans for java or c++ or both or others ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.