i created a VB-6 program using reference "DAO 3.51 object library" on XP OS....works ok on my system...but does not work on my friends system...gives error - "Runtime-error 429 : active x component cant create object"

friend's system is Windows XP with Office 2007 installed...

Pl help to resolve this...

and i am planning to send this to lots of my friends...can the solution be bundled with the exe itself??

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

you need to copy the activex component also to the system and register that using REGSVR32 command.

Thanks...but where will i find ActiveX component?? which component do i need and how do i register using the command??

pl help...

you need to copy the activex component also to the system and register that using REGSVR32 command.

When you use your Package and Deployment wizard, make sure all the files that you have referenced is in the distribution list. REMEMBER, you have to manually add your database as well, otherwise it will generate errors.

So, to answer your question, click on references and confirm that they are all in your list. They will be registered automatically. Check that your database is in the list. ENSURE that it is installed in the same path as what you have used in code. If the database is not in the correct path, error!

Hope this helps.

commented: thanks +1

Thanks for the reply...but i think the problem is not of referenced libraies in "my system"...but in "other system"...as my program is working fine in one of my other friend's system...but not in 3rd system....

after some search i could understand that the DAO in other systems could be wrongly placed or corrupted...but i m not sure if same is the case...and how to correct that...

Please help...

When you use your Package and Deployment wizard, make sure all the files that you have referenced is in the distribution list. REMEMBER, you have to manually add your database as well, otherwise it will generate errors.

So, to answer your question, click on references and confirm that they are all in your list. They will be registered automatically. Check that your database is in the list. ENSURE that it is installed in the same path as what you have used in code. If the database is not in the correct path, error!

Hope this helps.

Thanks AndreRet....

i had not used packing wizard earlver...so could not understand u earlier (m a newbie :) )

this has solved my problem

Thanks for the reply...but i think the problem is not of referenced libraies in "my system"...but in "other system"...as my program is working fine in one of my other friend's system...but not in 3rd system....

after some search i could understand that the DAO in other systems could be wrongly placed or corrupted...but i m not sure if same is the case...and how to correct that...

Please help...

Only a pleasure.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.