The Programming languages started with the low level language( 1's and zero's , so no conversion is needed.

Assembly language is used mnemonics ( ADD,INC,DEC) so needs conversions as the machine cannot understand it directly.
there comes the Assembler.

Now the question is how the Assember was implemented, i mean which language?

soon compilers came in to picture.
how they are written i mean using which language?

i read, c compiler was wirtten in C itself .

then how it was compiled.

Thanks,
danian.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

>Now the question is how the Assember was implemented, i mean which language?
Any compiler can be written in a suitable existing language. The first assembler was probably hand compiled as machine code. Then the second assembler could be written in assembly language and compiled using the first assembler.

>how they are written i mean using which language?
Any language suitable for a compiler or interpreter.

>i read, c compiler was wirtten in C itself .
>then how it was compiled.

With an existing compiler. The first C compiler was probably written in assembly, or some other language that predates C (like B). Then the second compiler could be written in C and compiled using the first compiler. Notice a pattern?

commented: i think you the real code God S +1

>Now the question is how the Assember was implemented, i mean which language?
Any compiler can be written in a suitable existing language. The first assembler was probably hand compiled as machine code. Then the second assembler could be written in assembly language and compiled using the first assembler.

>how they are written i mean using which language?
Any language suitable for a compiler or interpreter.

>i read, c compiler was wirtten in C itself .
>then how it was compiled.

With an existing compiler. The first C compiler was probably written in assembly, or some other language that predates C (like B). Then the second compiler could be written in C and compiled using the first compiler. Notice a pattern?

i think you the real code God S

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.