I have asked the same Question on C++.
So far I have moderately mastered PHP a little and more of Python. I want now to add up Java/C++

So what I need to know to be Java expert in Web and Desktop Applications? Are they two different beasts?

Thanks Guys

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

>What do I need to Be Java Web/App Expert?

Years of practice and countless mistakes.

commented: Always accurate and to the point :) +6

^^ Yep, that.

> So what I need to know to be Java expert in Web and Desktop
> Applications?

Apart from the points already mentioned, I'd like to stress on reading good books/code. I've seen people churn out reams and reams of code without being aware that they are writing sub-standard code. Awareness is of prime importance. Practicing by repeating the same mistakes over & over again doesn't help IMO.

Hi,

I think you should involve yourself in some projects, whether it of your own ideas, or participate with some other programmers to make this happen, and I think you'll keep learning, learning, and learning because java is really big and it covers many sides so, you should decide which side you want work on it to gain alot of experience.

I hope this benefits you. Happy coding :)

[EL-Prince]

Thanks Guys,
though its true I gave a little laugh at the Adapost. It is true and fun :)

Hi,

I think you should involve yourself in some projects, whether it of your own ideas, or participate with some other programmers to make this happen, and I think you'll keep learning, learning, and learning because java is really big and it covers many sides so, you should decide which side you want work on it to gain alot of experience.

I hope this benefits you. Happy coding :)

[EL-Prince]

Mhh! I only Know web side and Application side. Any other side??

Here's some sides of java (javaME, javaFX) so you could study each of those til you become a guru.

happy coding :)

[EL-Prince]

Is there a place online to get in some practice at Java. A place where you can work with other programmers.

I think the open source projects is the right place for this, you could also seek for any projects out there across the internet which needs developers to code somethings or write a help for an application, I saw this by my eyes.

By the way you could check "java store" at sun.com which has many open source projects written in java.

[EL-Prince]

Thank you. I'll check out the java store at sun.com.

I think the open source projects is the right place for this, you could also seek for any projects out there across the internet which needs developers to code somethings or write a help for an application, I saw this by my eyes.

By the way you could check "java store" at sun.com which has many open source projects written in java.

[EL-Prince]

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.