i Need Help to done this project for my school

USER Requirement statement
Booksareus wishes you to design a program to satisfy the following requirements:
Display a Welcome screen
Display a menu of option, accept and perform user choice of option untill E for exit is chosen B.Book List I.Invoice Calculator, E.Exit
Book List should Display a list of authors e.g.(1-Deltel,2-Booch,3-Rowling,4-Wells,5-Tolkein) and request input of a choice (as numeric value).The program should then display the details (e.g. title, ISBN and price) of at lest two books written by the author.

Invoice Calculator should accept the price of two books and calculate total price including VAT(15.25%)..if the order exceeds 100Euro the following messege should be displayed."A gift voucher to the value of 10Euro will be dispatched this may be used with your nex order."
When exit chosen Display-"Thankyou for visiting Booksareus"-

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I guess you are using VS 2008 C# express.
What have you tried for yourself already?
Perhaps a search (look right up) on this site might provide you with an answer.

This is the wrong forum, but anyhow unless you show some effort even the guys in the C# forums wont help.

This is the wrong forum, but anyhow unless you show some effort even the guys in the C# forums wont help.

Post was moved to C# section

Sorry post it in wrong section!!thx peter for moving it.. anyone can help me to do it?

No problem in helping you out, but did you have a look at post #2 of this thread?

Sorry.. yea i use VS 200 C#
I Tried to do it with Loop but its so hard for me becouse i didnt work with C# before!!
i made small programs like calculator thats all!!!

Well, start with a Welcome screen.
No loops, just use Console.Write or Console.WriteString.
Let us see what you can come up with!

i made it with C++ but i should change it to C# ... here is C++ code

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
void main()
{
cout<<"welcome\n";
int x;
do{
cout<<"menu of option:(-1 to exit 2 to get authors list)\n";
cin>>x;
while (x==2)
{
cout<<"list of authors\n";
cout<<"1-deltel\n";
cout<<"2-booch\n";
cout<<"3-rowling\n";
cout<<"4-wells\n";
cout<<"5-tolkein\n";
cout<<"enter the number of author\n";
cin>>x;
if (x==1)
{cout<<" hello , why , $1, $2\n";
double invoice= ((1+2)*15.25/100)+(1+2);
cout<<"invoice is: "<<invoice<<"\n";
if (invoice>100)
{
cout<<"A gift voucher to the value of 10Euro will be dispatched this may be used with your nex order.\n";
}
}
if (x==2)
{cout<<"no, yes, 3$, 4$\n";
double invoice= ((3+4)*15.25/100)+(3+4);
if (invoice>100)
{
cout<<"A gift voucher to the value of 10Euro will be dispatched this may be used with your nex order.\n";
}
}

if(x==3)
{cout<<" are, na, 5$,6$\n";
double invoice= ((5+6)*15.25/100)+(5+6);
if (invoice>100)
{
}
}
if (x==4)
{cout<<" love , hate, 6000$,500$\n";
double invoice= ((500+6000)*15.25/100)+(500+6000);
if (invoice>100)
{
}
}
if (x==5)
{cout<<" city , town, 600$,400$\n";
double invoice= ((400+600)*15.25/100)+(400+600);
if (invoice>100)
{
}
}
}

}while (x!= -1);
cout<<"Thankyou for visiting Booksareus\n";
}

peter_budo seems to have done some effort here by changing the code you sent in something more readable, by putting code tags around it.
Hope you will do the same in the future, like this: Mycode
If you go advanced(see button): select your code and click on (CODE)
The tags are automatically placed. The only thing you have to do now is fill in the code flavour(eg CODE=C#)

Now your problem. Did you ever read an elementary book about C#? Do you know what all those C++ statements mean? Then it should be no problem to make the translation!
To give you a head start: Start up VS. From the file menu select New project... Click Console Application and call it Booksareus.
You should now have somethng like this in your Program.cs file:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;

namespace Booksareus
{
    class Program
    {
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
        }
    }
}

Omit the first 4 lines of your C++ code and start with line 5: cout<<"welcome\n"; This translates in C# to Console.WriteLine("welcome"); cin >> becomes Console.ReadLine etc.
Also remember you have a Help menu to look up things.
Succes!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.