i got a project that uses TooN and cvd libaries.

i got the TooN and cvd source and headers files (downloaded from their sites) but i dont know how to add them to my project.

i think i should make lib files and than add them to the project, but i have no idea how.
btw, i'm using VS08

ty

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Create a new project but instead of a console project create a static library, then add the files to it.

Or, if the files are small enough just add them to your console project as if you wrote them yourself. That way you don't have to bother making libraries out of them.

Create a new project but instead of a console project create a static library, then add the files to it.

Or, if the files are small enough just add them to your console project as if you wrote them yourself. That way you don't have to bother making libraries out of them.

after i create the static libary, how do i add it to my original project?

menu Project --> Properties (bottom menu item) --> Configuration Properties --> Linker --> Input. Then on the right side of the screen, add the library name in "Additiopnal Dependencies" edit box.

Another way to do it is to use the comment pragma. Put this somewhere near the top of one of the *.cpp files #pragma comment(lib,"mylib.lib")

thanks for this useful information its so useful for us.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.