hi
i am a newbie here and i have a school project to make on cafe management and it is an eating cafe . wat i wanted to know was is making a progress bar in vb only possible in vb.net or is it possible throught vb6 also .2)i wanted to ask if someone has any projects on cafes or cateens or retraunts or hotels so i can get an idea of the forms i need
thank you
Neha

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

hi and welcome

the progress bar can be used under vb6 as well as .net

not sure what you know of progressbars but they are very simply to use

progressbar.min=minimum_value
porgressbar.max=maximum_value
progressbar.value=current_value

it will probably depend on how far indept you have to go for the project. but some basic forms would have to hold staff details/times, stock levels/costs, lists of suppliers, budget, invoicing, etc, etc

I'm sorry I haven't any forms for you to look at

commented: Good Job +1

I don't remember 100%, but I think you are supposed to stick the progressbar.value=current_value in a timer, or some kind of "update" function so that you can have it keep track of where it's position is, relative the operation you are performing. So, if you are installing something, you have to know when you are 1/2 way through the install, so that the progress bar reflects that.

hey
could u plz give me the code so i could use the progress bar in my prject in vb6 . also i have a query
in my project there are people on duty is it poossible to show the person on duty for that current date only
thank u
neha

MrMike's post is the proper way to do it... I don't have your project, so I can't give you specifics, but here is a page that has a great tutorial on how to implement a progress bar in your application:
http://www.codeguru.com/vb/controls/vb_activex/activex/article.php/c7121/ I find that this progress bar is fairly easy to use... you just add 1 to the value, during your processing, but ultimately, you'll have to play with it in your app to see how to make it work for you.

I don't fully understand the second question you are asking. I see that it has something to due with duty and the date, but I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Let me know, and I'll see what help I can offer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.