Is there any books you guys know of that someone like me that dont know anything about programming can use C++/VB what ever something that is quick and easy to understand. Something really simple something you guys can recommand.

Thanks again

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

C++ and VB are two totally different animals. Do you want to get into the .NET archetecture? Hmm ... I'm not really a book person, I just look for a bunch of tutorials on the www. I go to www.cplusplus.com a lot but it's not really a beginner's site.

Pretty soon I'll be posting my intro to programming tutorials up here, so I'm sure those will be a help to you.

Thanks I looked at that site and then I told myself bye bye programming lol bye bye too much info I dont know a thing nor after looking at that site do I want to. lol

Well, what are you trying to accomplish? Do you want to learn programming in general or want to start developing applications as soon as possible? Both of these languages have their ups and downs. Let me know what it is you're looking for.

I'm a big books person when it comes to learning and I rarely turn to online tutorials. When I do, it's usually for reference or some unique thing I'm trying to do. I'm always interested in learning "the right way" of doing something, "the standard way." Sometimes I have doubts about the validity of online tutorials that's why I turn to a popular brand of books (Wrox, Sams, Osborne, New Riders, O'Reilly). Even if the brand is good, it still doesn't guarantee anything, but the chances of correct information are higher than most online tutorials (books go through several technical editors). Also, with a book you can easily flip pages back and forth, label stuff, mark it, and take it with you wherever you go. With an online book, you're limited to a computer (unless you print it).

If you're still interested in learning, let me know. C++ and VB are used more for desktop applications than web applications.

Nah man I made up my mind I cant right now too much going on I cant even keep up programming a cisco router right now is a bad time I will hold programming for maybe some time mid/late next year thanks for the help.

Cool run on sentence! Anyways, let me know if you're still interested. ;)

Los Angeles United School District is the nations worst school district i know i cant spell or write well seriously i am an idiot compared to you guys i only know one thing street smarts and technology nothing else.

i am sorry for rambleing lol but i cant spell i try and try but i am just plain stupid period no if or buts LA made me stupid didn't learn anything here

Here's a tip: never admit you're stupid. There's a lot of stupid people in this world, they just don't admit it. You're definitely not stupid. I'm sure if someone pointed a gun to your head and told you to spell correctly you would (I sure hope so in that case ;) ). Anyways, I could care less how you write, I was just joking about that comment. Mostly I'm interested in ideas and opinions. I could care less how you spell. =) Even if you said "pajama" instead of "pajamas" ... can you believe that Dani almost killed me for calling it "pajama" instead of "pajamas"? Something that stupid. :shock: Even though technically "pajama" is right... 8)

hahahhahahahaha

can you believe that Dani almost killed me for calling it "pajama" instead of "pajamas"?

hahahhahahahaha this board is funny as hell

Oh yeah, I love it. Hopefully it'll catch on. Keep your fingers crossed. :P

Ugh. You people all suck! Making fun of me! LOL :roll: Note to the wise - pajamas are plural! I put on my pajamas ... not a pajama. ;) hehe

Guys could wear a pajama.

How many Pajama are you wearing for it to be called Pajamas is this like a 3 piece suit?

HAHAHA

You put on your pajamas the same way you wear your shoes. You wear one shoe, and you wear one pajamas? "One Pajamas" doesn't sound right.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=pajama

pajama ( P ) Pronunciation Key (p-j, -jm) n.

1. A loose-fitting garment consisting of trousers and a jacket, worn for sleeping or lounging. Often used in the plural.
2. Loose-fitting trousers worn in the Far East by men and women. Often used in the plural.

Note: often used in the plural. Goodness gracious this is sorta getting rather dumb now.

for C++

USE

Beginning C++ the complete Tlanguage

by Ivor Horton from Wrox

for VB

use
Mastering VB 6

by E.Petroustosos

And the truth comes out...pajama doens't sound right, but technically it is. pajama is a whole outfit, consisting of the "trousers" and "jacket".

hmm. i just entered my "post quick reply" in the wrong forum. sorry about the confusion...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.