Hi,

I wonder how to use wx.FileDialog with turbogears .

I have this turbogears project, and i have a form which add new employees, and for each employee i need to let the person who is adding them to pick a photo from his filesystem.

And all wxPython guides already start with the hello world app, and a lot of code snippets.. but i cant find nothing to do with turbogears.

im very newbie to wxPython and as english its not my native language .. i missunderstand a lot of things.

first of all .. its possible to use turbogears + wxPython to do what i need to do?

if not... any tip ?!!??

thanks in advance !

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Is that a web application? How do you run it or at least how users access it? via web browser? Locally? As far as I know, TG is web framework and wxPython is GUI toolkit for Desktop app.

Is that a web application? How do you run it or at least how users access it? via web browser? Locally? As far as I know, TG is web framework and wxPython is GUI toolkit for Desktop app.

hi, yes... i use tg + cherrypy .. web application...

is there any wxPython for web ?

Don't think you can use wxpython with Web. But this is not an absolute answer

Don't think you can use wxpython with Web. But this is not an absolute answer

what you suggest ? what should i use? im trying tkinter right now... but as the web apps runs from the server.. he was giving me $DISPLAY variable missing, i fix it..

and now its giving me "couldnt connect to display :0.0 ... right now i dont know how to proceed.. i wonder if the $DISPLAY variable must be set to use the computer connected to the server $display , which in the case is the web user's $display

trying to figure it out right now...

I think you should find that functionality in TG rather than using third parties. I hope you will find one

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.