Hi,
i am trying to develop a tool box for simple graphics...basically i want to give users an option to use a tool box and design basic drawings at run time...the drawings would be like simple network diagrams...some nodes connected to a backbone types...

my friends (google, yahoo etc.) have not been much of a help to me (may be i m searching wrong key words)...i haven't yet figured out how to start...what to use :(

Plz help

Thanks in advance..

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Sounds like you want to create a modified paint program. Meaning, besides line and circle you have predefined shapes like square, rectangle, rhombus, trapaziod, a graphic for computer, server, router, and hub, etc...

here are some possible solutions for you...

http://www.planetsourcecode.com/vb/scripts/BrowseCategoryOrSearchResults.asp?chkCode3rdPartyReview=on&cmSearch=Search&optSort=Alphabetical&chkCodeTypeZip=on&chkCodeTypeText=on&chkCodeTypeArticle=on&chkCodeDifficulty=1%2C+2%2C+3%2C+4&blnResetAllVariables=TRUE&txtMaxNumberOfEntriesPerPage=10&txtCriteria=diagram&lngWId=1

and if they don't inspire you, please come back...

Good Luck

Dear vb5prgrmr,

Thanks for your reply, but this is not what i was looking for :(

now i have got how i would make the tool box (using picture box and command buttons :) i wasnt aware of that even), but still want to know how to make a picture/image re-sizable/movable at runtime...
the idea is - i just want user to drop a picture/image on the form from a tool box and place it at desired position on form...

sorry if i was not clear in my requirements earlier..

Thanks

thank you vb5prgrmr..this what i was looking for...

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.