hai

I am planning to use some instrumentation controls available here
as far As i understand that project can create a dll file and it cn be used in our projects.

but when I added as reference this dll file into my project those controls are not available in tool box. But when I try to include the entire source file of the dll in my project the controls are available. (some problems there, but that can be tackled)
But I need to include this control as dll only. I don't want to mess my project with lot of source files which i didn't understand fully.
Any ideas please?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

hai

I am planning to use some instrumentation controls available here
as far As i understand that project can create a dll file and it cn be used in our projects.

but when I added as reference this dll file into my project those controls are not available in tool box. But when I try to include the entire source file of the dll in my project the controls are available. (some problems there, but that can be tackled)
But I need to include this control as dll only. I don't want to mess my project with lot of source files which i didn't understand fully.
Any ideas please?

Right-click the toolbox, click "Choose Items" from the context menu, browse to your DLL, and select it.

commented: helpful +1

Right-click the toolbox, click "Choose Items" from the context menu, browse to your DLL, and select it.

It says ' the dll file is not having any controls'
Actually the dll file was provided asa sourse code library project. I build the dll project and used the dll from my bulid to get the control.
I think even though I build the project to get a dll file as output, i think the dll file is not in the format of a control. Any idea?

Thank you

I performed the following steps and it worked:
1) Downloaded LBIndustrialCtrls_src.zip
2) Unpacked to C:\dotnetwin\LBIndustrialCtrls_src
3) Open the solution, built the project in Release mode
4) From another project I added a reference to C:\dotnetwin\LBIndustrialCtrls_src\LBIndustrialCtrls\bin\Release\LBIndustrialCtrls.dll
5) Clicked "Customize Toolbox" then browsed to C:\dotnetwin\LBIndustrialCtrls_src\LBIndustrialCtrls\bin\Release\LBIndustrialCtrls.dll
6) The controls were added in my designer.

What steps did you perform?

commented: Very helpfull +1

What steps did you perform?

Thanks a lot. It worked. I think I was trying this method before in debug mode, I am not sure. But this time It worked correctly when I followed exactly your procedure.
I think I made a mess out of my old project by adding removing etc. This time I created a new project and followed exactly your steps.
Big help, thank you.
btw if you try to drag that led control into form, it throws an exception saying led initialization values are 0. I tried looking into all led. cs files for that 0 value initialization. still looking.
Thank you very much
btw the 7 segment led control in this package is not good. I need this for Analog meter and Leds. but for 7 segment led this is good.(Also working very well )
Thanks for the time.

You're welcome

Please mark this thread as solved if you have found an answer to your question and good luck!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.