Hey all;

I had a serious problem occur; after compiling and programming something in python for months, my computer crashed, and the 3 back ups I had of the program crashed within 24 hours after mine, so I lost ALL DATA.

The only data I have is the exe program file I created and put onto a CD for distrubition does anyone have any vaguest IDEA on how to get the source code out of the EXE file so I can continue working on the program?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

The best you can do is disassemble it. If you know how all the code went already, sometimes its pretty easy to rewrite it all.

The best you can do is disassemble it. If you know how all the code went already, sometimes its pretty easy to rewrite it all.

Thanks Mosaic any other options? we are talking like months and months of work. I think like over a year of actual programming. So rewriting it is.........a nightmare ~laughs~

Rewrite the program as soon as you can, before all your memory of the actual code has fainted too much.

Also, there are places that specialize in the recovery of your hard drive.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.