How to create Run as Administrator option of windows OS in c code..

It is required for my software. plz help me.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

How to create Run as Administrator option of windows OS in c code..

It is required for my software. plz help me.

How to ask questions here -- read this and this.

It is required for this forum.

> How to create Run as Administrator option of windows OS in c code..
Such a thing requires a direct call to the windows API. Refer to the MSDN documents in the Microsoft site. You'll also need a signed security certificate. Also the feature will differ from one OS version to another. Refer to the MSDN documentation.

Also if the OS stops you from running it, means your application is doing something illegal and might cause problems with the default OS calls/management.

Are you sure you absolutely need the Administrative privileges?

thanks for info.. But we want to create code similar to "in windows os -- right click --> Run as Administrative mode"option ..
i would like to create same purpose in my code..

There is no need to re-create what is already there.

This question basically for Windows only. It would be better if you ask in the Windows Programming forum. You would require Windows SDK library to serve your need.

However you can still run your compiled program in Administrative mode just the same. There is no need to code.

I'm assuming you want to have a menu option to execute a module in Administrator's mode.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.