I want to run my programs in a traditional Dos based screen as opposed to the new text page that it's running in now. Does anyone know how I can do that? Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

In case you did not notice, we live in the 21st century.
If you like to write on a parchment with a goose feather be my guest...

Quit replying to my threads, you're no help. Besides, that's the second time you've answered my question with the same stupid answer.

If you feel offended I apologise, that is never my intention.
If you have to do what you have to do, do it.

I'M used to using a DOS bases screen but I don't know how to get my code a run in that kind of a Window. How do I use the default Application Output? I don't know how to input information, you now like with a Console.ReadLiine(). It's just a regular text based screen and there's no where to input information. Thanks.

Does your Mono IDE not contain some example files, or readme files, to get you started?
The most basic file I can think of is

class Hello
{
    public static void Main()
    {
        System.Console.WriteLine("Hello world!");
    }
}

You should be able to compile and run this little gem.

Does your Mono IDE not contain some example files, or readme files, to get you started?
The most basic file I can think of is

class Hello
{
    public static void Main()
    {
        System.Console.WriteLine("Hello world!");
    }
}

You should be able to compile and run this little gem.

Yea, I can run that gem. But what I need is a way to interact with my program. For instance, Console.Readline(). There's not way for me to interact using the new text program output.

If you can run "Hello world" what exactly is the problem you have with Console.ReadLine(); or Console.Read(); ?

The problem is that I believe that a majority of folks on this board run the VC# IDE. Without loading it up and running it we can't tell what's the normal setup for Mono. A suggestion I've given to other users with that IDE is to tag your posts with Mono so that other users searching the site might find your post and be able to help you out.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.