how i can solve this problem.....
generate the following staircase pattern(using loop operation)

2 4
3 6 9
4 8 12 16
5 10 15 20 25
6 12 18 24 30 36
7 14 21 28 35 42 49

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi ronyyy,

DaniWeb has a golden rule that we only give homework help to those who have shown some effort first. Have you attempted the problem yet? If so, please post your code snippet and describe what problems you are having, otherwise what ideas have you come up with for your algorithm?

Here's something to think about to jumpstart your forming of an algorithm -- consider using nested loops. Have the outer loop keep track of the row and each time it completes have it jump to the next row, and have the inner loop print the contents of the row. Think about it and see where you get.

public class Nomames {
	public static void main(String[] args) {
		for(int i = 1 ; i < 100 ; i++){
			for (int j = 1 ; j < i+1 ; j++){
				System.out.print( i*j + " " );
			}
			System.out.println();
		}
	}
}
commented: We are not here to give people they homeworks, we are here to guide them. By giving out solution so easily they will learn nothing -2
commented: I already told the OP that we wouldn't just give them the answer, what have you taught them with your post?? +0

thanks endsamsara.....
...........ur program has worked for me with a little modification.......again...many many thanks....:-)

hii....darkagn..
..sory..i didn't know about the golden rule..........and yes...i tried to solve this program......but ..i don't know what is the problem....

public class Task2 {

public static void main(String[] args)
{

for (int row = 1; row <= 9; row++)
{
for (int column = row; column <2* row; column++)
System.out.print(column + " ");

System.out.println();
}

System.out.println();
System.out.println();

}
}

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.