Hi,

I have a project for Uni, It is to create a system which will allow fingerprint recognition which will allow a user to access a created database and download information to a screen. I have implemented what i want it to look like, now im working on 3 main things. Login system, and saving info on the individuals into the data base via in Input form and being able to retrieve this information to be able to display within my application.

Ive created a databse to house User names and Passwords, where the problem lies is connecting my GUI to this database and doing the validation.

Also as a bit of a pretty feature, I also wanted to have an instand webcam snap so i could save an image of the persons face along with thier details.

I hope im not asking toomuch as a newbie :)

Thanks alot.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Um... I have no idea how you intend to hook up the webcam with java... that sounds really advanced. However, I would recommend serializing your database each time the program closes and deserializing it each time it opens. Check out the serializable interface on the Java API.

i have been hunting on netbeans to setup a database, which i have been able to do, but then i would have to create tables within the DB when i ADD one Table for USER and one for PASSWORD and click ok it comes upwith a Syntax error

unfortunately i dont have a twain compatible one :(, Im totally stuck with this login system, Ive never done Java b4 and this is just a crazy maze!!! how do i link my java in DB can someone give me a brief but informative insight into it please.

unfortunately i dont have a twain compatible one :(, Im totally stuck with this login system, Ive never done Java b4 and this is just a crazy maze!!! how do i link my java in DB can someone give me a brief but informative insight into it please.

General DB installation instructions can be found here, here is example of web application using DB connection (this need to be little edited to work for GUI) and if that is not enough there is Java Sun DB tutorial. If that is not enough google will give you tons of other resources.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.